There are several ways in which people can remodel their homes, but not all of them are inexpensive. Thus, one of the best ways to renovate one’s home is by painting the ceiling and the walls. However, not all the roof colors belong to the best ceiling paint category that one can choose from in the current market.
Also, there are a lot of things that people should take into account before going out and buy wall and ceiling paint for redecorating their old homes or simply painting their new homes to move in.
So now we bring an exhaustive guide to help you guys in choosing the best paint for your ceiling and how to paint it alongside the best paint to buy for your home.
Steps to Keep in Mind While Painting the Ceilings
People, who like to decorate their homes, should know how to paint their ceilings because it is a daunting task. However, with the help of proper techniques and tools as well as a little bit of hard work, you can easily finish the ceiling paint.
Thus, we list down some easy steps for making the most out of the roof colors for your house are as follows:
- People with a textured ceiling might find difficult to use the combination of brush and roller for painting the ceiling, but worry not because the ceiling’s texture often comes out while trying to paint it. The best way to paint a textured ceiling is with the help of an airless sprayer.
- However, people who are unfamiliar with how to use an airless sprayer have the option of getting in touch with a professional painter for the job.
- Before starting off with the actual painting, you should invest in a good quality brush, paint roller, roller extension, primer and nothing but the best ceiling paint for finishing the job. The paint roller must be a short nap roller with lambskin as it helps in achieving the best possible results.
- You should start off by prepping the room whose ceiling you want to paint. All the furniture should be removed or moved towards the center of the room and covered properly with the help of paper cover or plastic while the floors should be covered with cloth.
- It ensures that you have enough room along the edges for moving the ladder sans any obstacles along the way.
- The next step is deciding whether the ceiling needs to be coated with prime before painting it. The ceilings with water stains, discolored patches, and smoke damage need an oil based primer coating before the application of the best ceiling paint.
- You also have the option of using spot prime for covering up a few tiny stains or can simply apply a blocking primer via primer spray cans.
- Last but not the least step is to painting your ceiling after the primer has dried off. You should mark the ceiling with paint at the point where the ceiling meets the wall. Several ceilings feature thin channels, and it becomes difficult to not to stain the walls with ceiling paint.
- People with crown molding can cut in along the crown molding’s edge. After the ceiling has been entirely cut, you can easily make use of the roller for paint the rest of the ceiling. You should always apply the paint in tiny sections using light pressure and even paint application with a roller fully covered in paint.
Things to Keep in Mind before Buying Ceiling Paints
Most often ceilings are overlooked but not anymore because people these days want the best of everything. Thus, we bring some things to keep in mind so that you can buy nothing but the best ceiling paint for your house. The things to consider while buying you a ceiling paint for the home are as follows:
- Type of Ceiling Paint: Ceiling paints offer even surface as they can hide the stains and spots for a smooth finish. Different types of ceilings need different types of ceiling paints.
- Quality or Features to look for: You should always buy a ceiling paint that is durable in nature and doesn’t peel or cracks easily along with having the ability to conceal all the stains and spots.
- However, when an individual buys from the list of best ceiling paint in the market, he or she doesn’t need to worry about the durability. It is because all the best quality ceiling paints are durable in nature.
- Colors: Most often ceilings are painted in shades of white or some other light color for brightening up the room and reflecting light. You should not use the same color for ceilings and the walls.
- People can also use a dark color for painting their ceiling as it adds the much-needed warmth to the room along with making it feel cozier, irrespective of the room’s size.
- Effects of Different Colours: The light colors on the ceiling will make the room feel bigger and brighter alongside offsetting the darker colors. The darker colors offer an intimate and cozy feel to the room along with giving the impression of shortening the ceiling visually.
- White colored ceilings brighten up the room as well as reflects the light for making the room feel bigger and larger without changing much about the room and is best for small rooms or apartments.
The Top 5 Best Ceiling Paints to Choose From
The ceiling paint mentioned above is designed to give the best possible coverage while painting the ceiling of your home in a hassle free way.
The Valspar 1420 Colour Changing Latex Ceiling Paint has 1 gallon of paint and also features on the current list of the best ceiling paint in the market.
The Valspar 1420 Colour Changing Latex Ceiling Paint mentioned above dries to a very basic shade of white in a short span of time for giving a smooth and non-glare finish to the ceiling apart from being low on odor with an even lower VOC.
- It gives out very less odor after its application and an even lower VOC.
- It is designed in such a way to give one coat coverage area which in turn enables you to not miss an inch of the ceiling while painting.
- It boasts of even finishing to any type of ceiling surface including that of acoustical tiles.
- It is durable in nature and doesn’t peel off or cracks.
- It is watery in texture which won’t look good on all the ceiling types.
- It can leave purple spots or stains and not reveal the clear white ceiling paint at times.
The RUST-OLEUM 260967 Ceiling Paint-Gallon is designed for addressing the needs of almost all kinds of painting supplies, house paints as well as ceiling paintsm.
It is water based painting formula that is manufactured in the United States and it changes its color on the application for a clear view of the coverage area on the ceiling.
The RUST-OLEUM 260967 Ceiling Paint-Gallon is pink when applied and later on changes the color to white apart from being mildew and mold resistant, blocking of stains and can be used for painting the ceilings of closets, bedrooms, basements, bathrooms, and kitchens, etc.
- It can be applied in a hassle free manner because the paint is a water-based formula.
- It is durable along with being capable of concealing stains and spots.
- It can easily seal all kinds of household stains on the ceiling which includes the water stains as well.
- It is easily able to hide all sorts of imperfections on a varied range of ceiling surfaces to give a smooth finish.
- Sometimes, the pink paint doesn’t come out very nicely.
- Although, the ceiling paint claims to hide the water stains they can still be visible.
- It is not durable as the pink color starts fading within a short span of time.
The ceiling paint mentioned above is already mixed and is ready to use as soon as you open the lid of the container along with being easy to apply and also features on the list of best ceiling paint.
The Zinsser Ready-Mixed Popcorn Ceiling Patch, 1-Quart is a mix of convenience that is used for repairing various kinds of blemishes, scrapes, and scratches sans any hassle or extra effort.
The Zinsser Ready-Mixed Popcorn Ceiling Patch, 1-Quart is also capable of concealing the popcorn or acoustic ceiling areas that have clear marks of water damages for giving the same finish as that of the original painting.
- It is the right blend of convenience and easy of application.
- It is durable and can be used for repairing as well as hiding the scrapes, scratches, and blemishes on the ceilings with ease.
- Post application, it gives almost the same finish like that of the original.
- It is best suited for repairing water damages on acoustic or popcorn styled ceilings.
- It is durable in nature.
- The color matching post application can be problematic at times.
- It doesn’t offer the best coverage area or texture.
- It is very white after drying and is not suitable for smile damaged ceilings.
The ceiling paint mentioned above is designed for blocking the heavy and large ceiling stain and leaves a very mild odor post its application.
The KILZ Colour-Changing Stainblocking Interior Ceiling Paint is an imported product and comes with zero VOC and works not so effectively on a wide variety of stains such as water marks on the ceilings as well as the smoke stains.
The KILZ Colour-Changing Stainblocking Interior Ceiling Paint gives a coverage area of 300-400 sq. Ft. while leaving a white color after drying up with a very subtle pink tint.
- It is a great product for blocking and concealing a wide range of stains, scratches, and scrapes which can range from water stains to smoke stains and everything in between.
- It offers a great coverage area and is durable in nature.
- It works pretty well with different types of ceilings including popcorn or acoustic ceilings.
- With only two coats of this product, any ceiling surface can be easily transformed into a smooth one.
- It is a priced slightly higher than the rest of its competition from the list of best ceiling paint.
- It is not available everywhere and is difficult to find in local stores.
The ceiling paint mentioned above is designed for easy application of paint on the ceilings without having to break your back and hands as it comes in a spray bottle instead of a big container.
The Seymour of Sycamore 20-051 Ceiling Tile Paint, dries very quickly, that is in a matter of 15 minutes and can match the color of tile effortlessly by keeping the tiles from warping and sagging all along.
The Seymour of Sycamore 20-051 Ceiling Tile Paint is a product made in China and is a great option for touching up small stains without having to paint the entire ceiling.
- It is easy to apply as it comes in a spray bottle rather than in a huge container.
- It protects the tiles as it doesn’t sags or warps the tiles in any way.
- It is a good option for painting of acoustic tiles and crown moldings sans removing them.
- It is great for touching up small water stains on the ceilings without having to
Thus, after having gone through the top 5 best ceiling paint available in the current market, people might still be confused about which one to put their hard-earned money on. The clear winner is Valspar 1420 Colour Changing Latex Ceiling Paint. There are a lot of reasons for the product winning hands-down.
The reason the ceiling paint mentioned above is the best because of the durability and the price along with the ability to conceal different types of stains. The product also boasts of larger cover area with low odour and VOC. In short, the Valspar 1420 Colour Changing Latex Ceiling Paint offers the money’s worth.
So what's your Opinion? Please let me know in the comment section down here and share if you find it useful. Thanks a lot !